Oracle launched Exadata Database Machine X8 with an replace that makes use of machine studying to tune the Oracle Autonomous Database and automate indexing.
Exadata is a part of Oracle’s plan to popularize its Autonomous Database and persuade enterprises to make use of the converged infrastructure to consolidate. Exadata is widespread in industries comparable to finance, retail and telecommunications.
Steve Zivanic, vice chairman of Oracle’s converged infrastructure and cloud enterprise group, mentioned the newest model of Exadata is designed to automate duties comparable to patching, indexing and administrative duties.
Information storage: Every thing it’s essential find out about rising applied sciences
In response to Zivanic, Exadata’s major competitors is x86 converged infrastructure techniques operating on Linux, Pink Hat and VMware in addition to IBM Energy and Netezza.
“Corporations understand that they’ll consolidate right down to Exadata, which is objective constructed for the Oracle database,” he mentioned.
The largest addition to Exadata X8 is Computerized Indexing, which learns and tunes the database based mostly on utilization patterns. The function improves efficiency and eliminates guide tuning. Different additions embody:
- Automated efficiency monitoring, which mixes synthetic intelligence, Oracle’s expertise and finest practices to search out root causes for points.
- The most recent Intel Xeon processors and PCIe NVME flash know-how.
- A 60% efficiency bump in comparison with Exadata X7.
- Prolonged storage server pricing for storing older, archive and regulatory knowledge.
- Hybrid columnar compression and a standard safety mannequin with encryption throughout tiers.